The mixed tenure development has replaced the former site of Crawley Down Peugeot and kept the landmark 1920s façade of the original building - the Imperial Cinema – which closed in 1939.
The project was the result of a collaborative effort between Stonewater, Crawley Borough Council and contractors PMC Construction to deliver the £6.6 million scheme which has created a mix of 43 one and two-bedroom flats for affordable rent and five two-bedroom houses available for shared ownership.
The scheme has also retained some commercial space beneath the old Imperial Cinema façade. Within close walking distance to Crawley Train Station and the town centre, the new homes have provided much-needed affordable accommodation for local people who were being squeezed out of the community by unaffordable house prices and private rents.
Rund's scope of work included intricate quality monitoring, identifying any risks and defects throughout the building process and recommending corrections to help mitigate issues. This also involved checking the quality of building materials and workmanship against specifications, as well as compiling detailed reports of work. Staying true to our renowned ‘hands-on’ approach, our role involved a frequent amount of time on-site, overseeing and managing the developer’s performance.